|Not a member? Join Now! ……………………………………….
Why join the Nevada State Association of School Nurses? (NSASN)
Here are a few on the benefits of membership:
- Full access to National Association of School Nurses (NASN) website with a plethora of research data, resources and free CEU’s
- Sight for Students, VSP vouchers – free vision exam and glasses for qualifying students
- NASN prescription drug cards – free to anyone
- NASN School Nurse Online
- NASN Journal of School Nursing
NSASN is all about School Nurses!!
Ideas to help offset the cost of membership:
- Many of the schools in Clark County School District are purchasing memberships for their nurses.
- Elko County has an agreement with the local Lion’s Club to purchase memberships the Elko County School Nurses.
|What is School Nursing?
|“School nursing is a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well being, academic success, and life-long achievement and health of students.
To that end, school nurses facilitate positive student responses to normal development; promote health and safety, including a healthy environment; intervene with actual and potential health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self advocacy, and learning.” (NASN, 2010.)